The Communications Director will work directly with the CEO and is responsible for all aspects of implementing and maintaining strategies to meet The Alaska Native Village CEO Association (ANVCA) goals. This position also assists with the parent company, The Kuskokwim Corporation (TKC), with implementation of the marketing plan.
· Provide leadership and vision to the organization by collaborating the Board of Director, CEO and staff to articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision.
· Develop, manage and execute a strategic marketing and communications plan which will benefit and protect the interests of ANVCA and TKC.
· Manage and develop relations with the community, Native Corporations and shareholders.
· Responsible for analyzing and implementing policies and procedures where needed for ANVCA and TKC.
· Oversee the ANVCA and TKC website and embrace all new media to meet strategic objectives and growth plans.
· Recruits membership and manages a membership drive and retention for ANVCA.
· Organize and promote events organized by ANVCA and TKC.
· Identify, qualify and purse new business opportunities through proposal submissions for ANVCA and TKC.
· Oversee and prepare the annual ANVCA and TKC budget.
· Identify research and investigate new funding opportunities from foundations, corporate, government and individual sources including tribal councils.
· Engage in grant writing; coordinate, prepare and submit grant proposals and grant applications according to grand guidelines.
· Develop and implement strategic grant-seeking plans for both current and new projects, as well as manage and cultivate existing relationships with fundraisers. Help develop short and long-term funding strategies as related to grants.
· Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity in the Kuskokwim region.
· Oversee ANVCA Coordinator and Marketing Assistant positions. ______________________________________________________________________________
Ability to meet people with ease; ability to write and edit effectively; ability to communicate the written and spoken work with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary; good organizational skills, well disciplined, able to meet deadlines, self starter, able to work under pressure of many priorities and deadlines; knowledge of long-range planning process and good managerial skills. Ability to provide clean and concise reporting measures to the CEO for business development oversight. ____________________________________________________________________
Qualifications: Bachelor business management or related field. College degree may be waived if equivalent, extensive related experience can be demonstrated. A minimum of five (5) years experience in planning, marketing, and/or communications. Three years of supervisor experience. Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines. Experience in business development, proposal and capture planning development. Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally. Results-orientated and a passion for creativity. Computer skilled, with advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and data base applications and software. Must have excellent written and communication skills.
Send updated resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org