Position Summary:This position is responsible for assisting the Procurement Coordinator with pick-up and delivery of equipment, merchandise and other goods. This person must be organized and have the ability to communicate effectively with other team members, the flexibility to respond to a variety of requests and situations, evaluate and communicate information between numerous team leaders and locations, and prioritize and accomplish tasks with little, or no direct supervision. This position will report to the HSE Manager, but will take daily direction from the Procurement Coordinator.
Essential job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Serves as a representative of the company, displaying tact and ethical behavior in all interactions.
- Provides managers and supervisors information and access to goods and services.
- Performs record keeping and tracking of equipment within the field and ToolWatch inventory system.
- Performs shipping, receiving, and distribution functions for multiple locations under the direction of the Procurement Coordinator.
- Performs electronic receiving functions in ReqNet software application
- Assists purchasing to facilitate rush requests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Because of the great amount of activity required, expediters must be in good physical condition.
- Good working knowledge of computer software including; Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Candidate must be detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Competent in driving in all weather conditions and safely backing up a vehicle.
- Previous warehouse or expediting experience is preferred.
- Carpentry or construction skills that lend to crating, palletizing, and securing equipment are useful.
Qualifications:1)Â Â Valid insurable Driver's License. 2)Â Â High School Education.
Working Conditions:Work involves use of computer terminal and may require sitting for extended periods.Â Some overtime may be required. Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds.Work will involve exposure to all conditions of weather for short periods of time.Physical Restrictions:Required physical effort such as stooping, bending, reaching, and lifting heavy objects is expected and performed safely on a regular basis (up to 50 pounds).Working and walking on uneven surfaces, climbing ladders, and climbing into and out of the bed of a pickup truck is expected and performed safely on a regular basis.