|ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains a safe and positive environment for children riding the bus.
2. Follows established guidelines related to the safety of the passengers.
· Assists children into their seats and with the use of Child Safety Restraints.
· Assists children getting onto and off the bus.
3. Maintains a positive atmosphere for children and serves as a role model for parents through the implementation of the Head Start bus curriculum and use of appropriate discipline and guidance techniques such as redirection, acknowledging appropriate behavior, and setting age appropriate expectations that are clear and consistent.
· Participates in age appropriate activities and interaction with children during bus ride.
4. Attends staff meetings, training sessions, and participates in planning and problem solving sessions.
5. Communicate effectively with program staff and parents.
6. Assists in maintaining files and records. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Child Development Associates preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification, or must obtain certifications within six (6) months of hire.
- Must successfully complete TB and hepatitis screening exams and any required vaccinations.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check as required by state and federal law.
- Preferred knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and Anchorage Municipality childcare transportation requirements.