Internal/External Job Posting
|Â Job Number:Â Â Â Â Â 005112 - REPOSTEDClosing Date:Â Â Â Â Â Open Until FilledÂ |
|Position Title:||Automation Engineer|
|Salary Band:Â ||L-M |
|Range:||DOE(Salary will be determined based on experience, qualifications and attributes.)|
|Work Location & Schedule:|
This is a regular exempt level position.Â Work schedule will be based on business needs. Relocation benefits may apply.
|Number of Positions:||One (1) If you have already submitted a resume for this position you do not need to reapply.|
Tracey L. Mueller Employee Relations Manager
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
Apply on-line at www.alyeska-pipe.com
Applicant must meet or exceed these minimum job requirements to apply for this position.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related technical field or certification equivalent (such as CAP, etc.), or equivalent years experience on a year for year basis may be substituted for the education requirement
- Three (3) years experience working with complex control systems, automation, and process control
- Advanced technical knowledge of process control including programming skillsÂ§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Bachelors or masters level degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
Working knowledge of second engineering discipline in addition to degree field.
Prior automation engineering experience working for an operating company in the oil/gas, pipeline, or petrochemical industries
Experience with process safety management and structured HAZOP/PHA.
Demonstrated experience and understanding of practices associated with efficient utilization of contractors to safely and efficiently implement project work.
Advanced knowledge of PLCs, DCS, SCADA, and instrumentation; including programming and configuration.Â The responsibilities of this position are broad; therefore, candidates will not be evaluated solely on depth of knowledge in specific technical areas, but more on breadth of knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of process, process control, and automation.
|Accountabilities and Specific Requirements:Â |
Under the general direction of the Automation Engineering Supervisor, the Automation Engineer is responsible to:
- Â Ensure the stability, integrity, and reliability of the control system on TAPS.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Participate in the design, installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all control system components
- Analyze and resolve control system hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:|
- Control systems engineering expertise in process facilities including pipeline control, metering, loading, tank control, power generation control, turbine generators, air & vapor compressors, and vapor incineration
- Distributed control system PCU and HMI expertise including hardware, systems, function codes, Composer configuration tools (specifically ABB/Bailey DCS);
- Electronic interfacing including analog and digital plus RS232 & RS422 communications/handshaking;
- PLC system expertise including hardware, troubleshooting, and ladder programming (Specifically Allen-Bradley Control Logix);
- Proficiency in C and C++ programming (Windows GUI programming experience desirable);
- SCADA system interface expertise;
- Data Historian expertise (OSI PI)
Expected Core Competencies:
|The successful candidate will be held to a detailed annual performance contract based upon the Expected Core Competencies listed below:|
Professional and Technical Expertise
- Results oriented â€“ achieving results aligned with the accountabilities and requirements of this position.
- Collaboration â€“ work with peers and outside organization to achieve results aligned with the accountabilities and requirements of this position.
- Demonstrates awareness of business and budgetary strategies and issuesÂ
- Â Understands the financial implications of own actions
- Understands business decision-making at Alyeska and how to add value to these decisions
- Seeks to improve efficiencies of processes and procedures
Health, Safety, and Environmental Stewardship:
- Checks safety of equipment and work area regularly
- Follows safety, environmental and emergency response plan requirements and procedures
- Satisfactorily completes safety, environmental, and other required training
- Complies with laws and regulations, including company policies and procedures
- Clearly conveys thoughts and ideas to others
- Selects the best method of communication to avoid misunderstandings
- Seeks to understand and respond to others appropriately
- Seeks and responds appropriately to feedback
- Supports opinions with relevant and accurate information
- Treats all people with dignity and respect
- Participates in activities that enhance understanding of people and differences
- Seeks opportunities to gain a better understanding of diversity
- Respects and values othersâ€™ differences in experiences and cultural backgrounds
- Models high standards of ethical behavior
- Adheres to codes of conduct
- Accepts responsibility for personal behaviors and for meeting work commitments
- Demonstrates personal commitment to team goals and teamwork
- Seeks to promptly and appropriately resolve issues with others
- Embraces and effectively adjusts to change
- Works effectively and constructively with team members
- Understands the importance of contributing to team success
- Willingly shares information and ideas with other team members
|Pre-Employment Drug Screen Testing||Â Alyeska Pipeline Service Company (APSC) requires pre-employment drug testing utilizing hair test collection for all positions. The preferred collection site is from the head (approximately 1/2 inch of hair length necessary). Â Â Head hair testing provides an approximate 90 day window of detection that checks for illegal drug use.Â In addition, for Department of Transportation covered positions, APSC will also utilize urinalysis testing. Any positive drug test makes you ineligible for APSC employment |
|Employment Verification using E-Verify||Federal Law requires all employers to verify identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Â Alyeska Pipeline Service Company participates in E-Verify.Â http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify|
|TWIC||Â This position includes working in Alyeskaâ€™s Valdez Marine Terminal (VMT), a regulated facility, andÂ the employee hired to work onÂ the VMTÂ or to provide emergency support or other approved work for the VMT will be required to have a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).Â For more information about this Federal credential access the Web site listed below.Â The successful candidate for this job will be notified if a TWIC will be required andÂ will then be responsible for enrolling and obtaining a TWIC prior to theirÂ hire date. http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm|
Â ALYESKA PIPELINE SERVICE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER THAT VALUES WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.Â Alyeska Pipeline is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace.
Apply on-line at www.alyeska-pipe.com