Programmer/Analyst- Anchorage, AK
GeoNorth is a full-service Information Technology solutions provider specializing in GIS (Geographic Information Systems), Database Management, and Web-Based and Mobile Applications. We have been servicing a client base of all levels of government (local, state, federal, US Military), utilities, oil and gas companies, natural resources companies, and Native and private corporations for over 17 years now, and we are native owned, as we are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tatitlek Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Our Programmer/Analyst converts data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following- (Other duties maybe assigned)
- Develops software applications and programs for company and clients.
- Works with Project Manager, Team Lead, and clients to obtain and analyze project specifications and flow charts.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of proposals and estimates for client development projects.
- Confers with team leader or others concerned with program to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Corrects program errors, using methods such as modifying program or altering sequence of program steps.
- Writes instructions to guide operating personnel for production use.
- Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements.
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions. Trains clients to use program.
- Assists client to resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Directs and coordinates work of Programmers, Technicians and Technical Writer to write, test, and modify computer programs and program documentation.
Programmer/Analyst- Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum of one (1) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year or more of .Net Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift moderately light items up to 35 pounds. May be on feet for long periods and may carry heavy sample products. Near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone and keyboard; lift horizontally and vertically.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Native preference applies pursuant to PL93-638. EOE/AA.
Please apply online at: