The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing of accounts payable at a growing corporation, with many large governmental and commercial contracts. The position requires compiling and sorting documents, calculating and verifying amounts, posting transactions to accounts, handling information requests, processing vendor invoices, employee/expense forms and check requests and maintaining filing. Also performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, answering phones, monitoring email.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review submitted invoices for accuracy, route to appropriate approver, follow up, review for proper support, code and enter them into the accounting system
- Review approval for compliance with authority matrix.
- Respond to customer/employee inquiries and reconcile vendor statements by accessing an automated system or hard copy files.
- Review employee expense report/invoices for supporting documentation and manager approval before entering into accounting system.
- Investigate invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain an accurate filing system for electronic and hard-copy documents.
- Develop and/or revise various forms and spreadsheets, contract documents, and letters as directed.
- Prepare and/or transmit correspondence by drafting letters and emails.
- Maintain various reports, contracts and correspondence files.
- Communicate with vendors regarding vendor accounts.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Review employee company credit card statements for accuracy in coding, amounts and reasonableness. and enter into the accounting system.
Non - Essential Duties
- Assists in special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Position requires good interpersonal skills and a good telephone demeanor.
- Ability to operate 10-key by touch.
- Excel (MS Office) must be at a proficient level.
- Deltek/Cost Point experience a plus.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years accounting related experience.
- Five (5) years or more accounting related experience preferred.
- Deltek/Cost Point experience preferred.
Native preference applies pursuant PL93-638. EEO/AAPlease apply online at: