This position is primarily responsible for project-specific administrative and accounting activities, being a key member of the project team, including assisting Project Managers with financial management of their projects and providing support, review, analysis and reports necessary for effective financial control and monitoring.
1.Â Â Â Â Â Travel regularly to multiple project sites on short-notice, work extended hours to meet aggressive project deliverable requirements and work in project locations for the duration of the project.
2.Â Â Â Â Â Arrange travel and lodging accommodations for project team, including rotations.
3.Â Â Â Â Â Assist with bid solicitation and budget setup on new projects.
4.Â Â Â Â Â Prepare standard bid analysis documentation and source justifications to support source selection.
5.Â Â Â Â Â Create POs, place orders and coordinate with company buyers for equipment and materials.
6.Â Â Â Â Â Assist with administrative setup of project sites.
7.Â Â Â Â Â Work in project trailer and interact with project/client staff on a daily basis.
8.Â Â Â Â Â Track and code project costs in a database daily/weekly in accordance with scope and contract requirements.
9.Â Â Â Â Â Review timesheets, certified payrolls and vendor/subcontractor invoices for accuracy and in accordance with the contract.
10.Â Obtain Project Manager approval on project costs and forward expenses/timesheets to Accounting at least weekly by published deadlines.
11.Â Maintain good working relationships with vendors and subcontractors to ensure timely access to data needed to support expenses.
12.Â Prepare Job Cost Reclassifications for project expenses not coded/posted properly.
13.Â Reconcile project costs database to accounting and p-card systems weekly.
14.Â Prepare project billings for customer and Accounting.
15.Â Assist PMs with Estimates to Complete (ETC).
16.Â Assist with financial project close out process.
17.Â Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in accounting, business or finance or high school diploma plus 3 years of professional office/administrative experience, project controls and cost tracking with an emphasis on accounting, subcontractor cost and change management.Â Will consider a combination of education and experience.
Special Knowledge or Skills:
- Excellent written, oral and computer skills, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Familiarity with basic accounting, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve, make decisions and be very detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, identify critical tasks and coordinate efforts with project personnel.
- Ability to work flexible and long hours (frequently more than 40 hours/week) to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with project and customer staff.
- Must have valid U.S. driverâ€™s license and clean driving record.
- Must have clean background check and good supervisory references.
- Must pass drug/alcohol screening.
Excellent salary and benefits: Paid-Time-Off (PTO); paid holidays; comprehensive health insurance plan, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision; life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match and profit sharing.
How to Apply:
Go to our website at http://www.bristol-companies.com/bristol_industries/job_openings/.Â Click on the job youâ€™re interested in and click â€œApply Nowâ€ and follow instructions for completing and submitting the Employment Application and a copy of your resume.Â