The Facilities Assistant works under the direction of the Executive Assistant and in cooperation with the Facilities Coordinator to address any facilities-related issues. The purpose of the Facilities Assistant is to ensure that the state of the facility is in line with Charter College's mission to provide a secure environment that is conducive to learning.
This is a Part-Time positionÂ
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily campus walks to ensure that the facilities are up to standard
- Helps to plan, organize, and implement cleaning and supplies
- Perform minor maintenance to facility, duties include but are not limited to:
Â Minor cosmetic repairs like painting, repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems, be able to move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand truck
- Assesses and reports on the condition of the facility
- Performs additional related duties as assigned and needed
- Communicate effectively and cooperate with faculty, staff, and other departments.
- All Janitorial upkeep of facilities duties would include but are not limited to:
Vacuum and clean all floors, restrooms, offices, laboratory. Wash lab equipment, walls and windows. Empty all trash in building.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Janitorial experience demonstrating independent judgment in prioritizing building maintenance needs.
- Facility maintenance experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word, and Outlook
- May be required to work flexible schedule and some weekends.
- Non-Exempt - hourly position
- $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Compensation dependent on experience and skill set
Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions:
We are committed to diversity. Charter College and Prospect Education LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers.