This position works under the direction of the project superintendent or foreman and will consist of new work and renovations on residential or light commercial buildings.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Must be capable of all types of carpentry work to include framing and trim carpentry.
- Door, cabinetry, window, shelving and hardware installations.
- Operate basic power equipment such as: saws, nail guns, air compressors, sanders, etc.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Operate basic construction equipment such as forklifts and man-lifts.
- Good verbal communications skills.
- Perform insulation and vapor barrier installations.
- Must be able to interact respectfully with home owners and clients as some work will be performed in occupied homes.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Experience in new framing as well as selective demolition and renovation of existing structures.
- Experience in wall and attic insulation as well as vapor barrier installation.Â Â Â Â Â Â
- At least five years of experience in the construction trades.
Work Environment Summary
Applicant may be subject to environmental conditions of cold, exposure to noise and general construction hazards.
Physical Conditions for Job Performance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Authorized Driver Requirement
- Incumbent must possess a valid driver license, including a three year clean driving record. Individuals with one or more serious violations, DUI/DWIâ€™s shall not be authorized to drive UIC owned vehicles, or drive other vehicles, including personal or rental cars, to conduct company business.Â
- Employee must follow the UIC Authorized Driver Policy and Procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.Â
Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program
- Incumbent must pass Non-DOT pre-employment drug screening.
- Employee must follow all UIC Non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program guidelines and requirements.
When applying on-line, complete PREVIOUS WORK INFORMATION MUST be entered into the online application to be considered for this position.
UKPEAGVIK INUPIAT CORPORATION considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status or any other legal protected status. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendents, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Please Note:Â If you experience any problems getting your application posted in this system, please call the Silk Road Technician at this toll free number: 1-866-803-9663 for assistance, and they will be able to walk you through the on-line application process.
Mat-Su Valley, AK, US.
To apply, go to www.ukpik.com
and click on careers, then jobs, then Kautaq, then carpenter.