This position works under the direction of the project superintendent or foreman. The painter will perform a wide variety of general painting and drywall repair duties in support of new construction, renovations and general maintenance in accordance with established safety procedures.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- New construction interior and exterior painting and preparation work.
- Renovation, repairs and touch up painting projects.
- Drywall patching, taping and repairs.
- At least three years of painting experience.
- Masking and preparation experience required.
Work Environment Summary
Applicant may be subject to noise, cold, and general construction site settings and hazards.
Physical Conditions for Job Performance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Authorized Driver Requirement
- Incumbent must possess a valid driver license, including a three year clean driving record. Individuals with one or more serious violations, DUI/DWI’s shall not be authorized to drive UIC owned vehicles, or drive other vehicles, including personal or rental cars, to conduct company business.
- Employee must follow the UIC Authorized Driver Policy and Procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.
Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program
- Incumbent must pass Non-DOT pre-employment drug screening.
- Employee must follow all UIC Non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program guidelines and requirements.
When applying on-line, complete PREVIOUS WORK INFORMATION MUST be entered into the online application to be considered for this position.
UKPEAGVIK INUPIAT CORPORATION considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status or any other legal protected status. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendents, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Please Note: If you experience any problems getting your application posted in this system, please call the Silk Road Technician at this toll free number: 1-866-803-9663 for assistance, and they will be able to walk you through the on-line application process.
Mat-Su Valley, AK, US.
to apply go to www.ukpik.com
click on careers, jobs, Kautaq.