Responsibilities include installation, layout and maintenance of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system. Plan, design, analyze and provide technical support. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Conduct research and evaluation of network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment. Will manage other IT personnel to plan, coordinate and implement changes such as network security measures, software & hardware platform upgrades and new application integration. Will be responsible for hiring and supervising employees for the IT department.
1. Administer network workstations utilizing TCP/IP networking protocol for Windows based operating systems.
2. Provide system level support for computer software and computer network equipment used in business production.
3. Investigate user problems and needs, identify their source, and implement solutions.
4. Maintain site licenses for organization.
5. Provide and maintain network document regarding computing system.
6. Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
7. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or other network production problems and replace defective components as necessary; document problems and resolutions for future reference.
8. Determine plans for new network/computer hardware or modifications to existing hardware.
9. Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current system and recommend solutions.
10. Plan, test, recommend, implement and maintain network, file server and purchase of workstation hardware and software.
11. Perform and/or implement software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
12. Install, configure and maintain personal computers, Windows networks and workstations, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling and other related equipment, devices and systems; add or upgrade and configure disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers and related equipment.
13. Plan and implement network security, including configuring firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity and adding and deleting users.
14. Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
15. Establish user profiles, user environments, directories and security for network.
16. Work with vendors to resolve complex network, server and software application problems.
17. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
18. Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
19. Load computer tapes and disks and install software and operating system software.
20. Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made and to determine where change will need to be made in the future.
21. Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
22. Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
23. Supervise employees.
24. Travel as needed
25. Hire IT staff as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. A minimum 5 years of corporate IT networking experience.
- Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages to include Windows or similar networks, circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software including applications and programming.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Excellent salary and benefit package to include: paid time off (vacation/sick); paid holidays; comprehensive health insurance plan including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance, long term disability insurance; 401K plan with employer match and Profit Sharing.
How to Apply:
Apply for this position under its posting at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/brs-b13/Careers.aspx
Bristol Companies are equal opportunity employers. Bristol Companies will seek, hire, develop, and utilize qualified members of protected groups (defined as Alaska Natives and other minorities, women, physically handicapped, disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and persons of ages 40 and over).