Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Summary: The Laborer performs tasks at commercial and military installations involving physical labor at building, heavy construction projects, and demolition sites. Operates hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, pumps, power saws, pressure washers, fork lifts, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. Must be comfortable working 40-70 feet above the ground, in a lift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construction laborer work on commercial and military buildings.
- Demo existing walls and ceiling in commercial buildings.
- Patch and repair concrete surfaces in preparation for floor coverings.
- Haul demo materials to dumpster.
- Unload materials and store efficiently onsite.
- Maintain a clean safe jobsite.
- Keep work areas supplied with materials and clear of construction debris.
- Assist other craft workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – Experience, Education and Licensure:
- ANSI Z41 approved protective footwear
- Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and acceptable driving record
- Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the building trades
- Current First Aid certification
- Forklift operator certification
- Platform lift certification
- Current aerial man lift certification, platform and articulating boom.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and writing with internal and external clients and co-workers.
- Ability to follow directions a must.
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to complete each task assignment.
- Must be comfortable with high intensity work environment.
- Experience with fall protection procedures and safety equipment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around the construction sites; see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of time; at times lift and carry as much at 45 pounds; near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels. Must be comfortable working 40-70 feet above the ground, in a lift.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires driving and working out of doors in extreme heat/cold and possibly rainy weather.
Additional Qualifying Factors: As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. ANSI Z41 approved protective footwear required. Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and acceptable driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations. This position may be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing on an unannounced basis.
Native preference applies pursuant to PL93-638. The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at: http://tatitlek-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=610&company_id=16205&jobboardid=1714